Not worrying about money, or getting fired, or getting sick, or not being able to retire, or how to pay for the kids’ colleges.
- Having all my friends within visiting distance.
- Having seven weeks paid vacation plus vacation pay (like a thirteenth month’s salary).
- Going to the doctor or hospital without my wallet.
- Walking around the Saturday market and buying big, beautiful bunches of flowers that last for weeks and only cost a few euros.
- Traveling by train. Relaxing and looking out the window with a cup of Earl Grey tea instead of sitting in traffic.
- Taking the ferry to England and hitchhiking to the Cairngorms or the Lake District or wherever, and hiking around, camping in the wild.
- Cycling for the purpose of getting somewhere.
- Sleeping with the windows open (scorpions would crawl in if I did that here).
- Watching a decent documentary on TV without having to subscribe to HBO.
Visitors From All Over!
What Folks Have Been Reading
The Whole Shebang
Browse the CloudAmerica American bachelor's degree American education system American high school students Amerika amerikaanse middelbare scholieren Amerikaanse politiek Amerikaanse universiteiten Austin blogging books community comparison Dutch university and American university culture DPchallenge education europe food health history humor language Lists media music nature Nederland Netherlands opinion Pedernales Falls State Park photography politics religion Rocky Mountains social society technology Texas Hill Country travel tweede wereldoorlog World War Two writing WWII Wyoming Yellowstone National Park
What I’m Reading
What I’ve Finished
What I Have Read Recently